Labels

And just where is it beauty hides, and truth amid dishonesty? One never knows. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So this is the pen (the enclosure) for my most recent poems and poemoids. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2009-04-20 -- Brian A. J. Salchert

Monday, June 15, 2009

Petition

Come to me hidden word, hidden word, hidden word. Come to me hunted word, hunted word, hunted word. Come to me hinted word, hinted word, hinted word. Come to me haunted word, haunted word, haunted word. Come to me hardy word, hardy word, hardy word. Come to me harbored word, harbored word, harbored word. Come to me hardened word, hardened word, hardened word. Come to me harping word, harping word, harping word. Come to me hellish word, hellish word, hellish word. Come to me heaven word, heaven word, heaven word. Come to me happy word, happy word, happy word. Come to me hungry word, hungry word, hungry word. Come to me humble word, humble word, humble word. Come to me holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word, holy word. tg00035

3 comments:

William Michaelian said...

I read all of your poems and lyrics out loud.

brian (baj) salchert said...

When this one began appearing it felt like it was going to be lyrics, and in a way it is, but some of it's words and where they should be placed did not come easily, nor did the structure; so it is a poem that could be sung in the manner of a prayer chant. Of course, all the "h" words here could be replaced by other words.
In other words, if one liked the structure, one could personalize the content.

Reading poems and lyrics out loud is what we all should do. I usually don't, but when I want to try a slant reading of one of my own poems/ I do. Denise Levertov favored reading her new poems aloud to herself because it helped her to catch insonorities.

William Michaelian said...

I do the same. In fact, I’ve been doing it for so long, I can’t imagine not doing it. All in all, it’s one of the few tidbits of writing advice I ever dispense; another is, be wary of writing advice.

About Me

My photo
Rhodingeedaddee is my node blog. See my other blogs and recent posts.

Followers