Labels

And just where is it beauty hides, and truth amid dishonesty? One never knows. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ So this is the pen (the enclosure) for my most recent poems and poemoids. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2009-04-20 -- Brian A. J. Salchert

Friday, November 28, 2008

What Is Is

(and I'm not even worth that) Did I not do what I did. Did I not. Did I not do what I did. Did I not. Yes I did do what I did. Yes I did. Yes I did do what I did. Yes I did. So what what what what should I have done? So what what what what did I assume? So how how how how could I have won? So how how how how can I resume? - tg00014

2 comments:

William Michaelian said...

I like it, beginning with the title, which can be read in the fatalistic way, “What is, is,” or as a description of what is is, which in turn leads to the important reminder that what is is.

Format, repetition, italics, rhythm — it all works: an expressive poem to be seen and heard.

brian (baj) salchert said...

Appreciate your insights, William.
When I was tinkering with what to name this piece, I briefly considered the comma version. Also, some of my song lyrics and the tunes I have for them are daily bothering my brain, and it was one of those that was the catalyst for the qualities of the content here.

About Me

My photo
Rhodingeedaddee is my node blog. See my other blogs and recent posts.

Followers